Grave Digger Halloween cocktails feature tequila. They’re a delicious hair-raising toast to the Halloween season!
These tequila cocktails have a spooky twist. Like Jambalaya and Red Beans and Rice, these glowing swamp drinks remind me of time spent in NOLA among witches, vampires, zombies and ghosts!
Ingredients for Halloween Cocktails
These party favorites are simple to make with easy-to-find ingredients.
- Ice cubes
- Green lime-flavored Jello
- Melon schnapps
- Reposado tequila
- Lemon-lime soda
- Triple sec (for rimming glasses)
- Edible green glitter flakes
RECIPE TIP: For convenience, use pre-made Jello cups from the market. Or to save money, make your own green Jello at home.
EXPERT TIPS FOR THIS RECIPE
- BAR TIPS FOR COCKTAILS: To rim glasses, use triple sec or melon liqueur. You can also use lemon/lime soda.
- WHERE TO BUY EDIBLE COCKTAIL GLITTER: Buy green edible flakes online! Click the image below to use my Amazon affiliate link.
- HOMEMADE GLITTER: If you don’t have edible flakes, make a similar ingredient at home: HOMEMADE COLORED SUGAR.
HOW TO MAKE TEQUILA COCKTAILS
RECIPE PREP: With a spoon, finely crush and chop the Jello. The pieces should be small enough to fit through a straw.
Here’s how to make the best adult beverages for a Halloween party!
- STEP 1: Garnish the glass. Dip rim in triple sec, then dip it in edible green glitter or colored sugar.
- STEP 2: Fill glass halfway up with ice. Sprinkle finely-crushed Jello directly on top of the ice.
- STEP 3: Measure and pour tequila, melon schnapps and lemon/lime soda into the glass. Briefly stir with cocktail spoon.
- STEP 4: Garnish the cocktail with a sprinkling of edible glitter. If desired, add edible gummy eyeballs to the glass.
BATCH COCKTAILS FOR PARTIES
- SERVING CONTAINER: Prep a large batch of these Halloween cocktails in a punch bowl or beverage container.
- RECIPE MEASUREMENTS: Use the “scale-up feature” in the recipe card.
- PREVENT DILUTED DRINKS: When prepping drinks in advance, don’t add ice. Instead, place the ice on the side in an insulated container.
- RIM COCKTAIL GLASSES IN ADVANCE: Place them on a large serving tray.
MAKE DRINKS SPOOKIER
Make these tequila cocktails look bone-chillingly scary with a swampy graveyard effect: HOW TO USE DRY ICE IN COCKTAILS.
HANDLE DRY ICE WITH CAUTION: Never serve or consume large pieces of dry ice, touch it with your bare hands, or leave it unattended around children. Find more information here: DRY ICE SAFETY.
HALLOWEEN PARTY FOOD
Hosting a party is so much fun! Choose a selection of easy finger foods and desserts that go hand in hand with these spooky drinks.
- MUMMY HOT DOGS
- HALLOWEEN MUDDY BUDDIES
- HALLOWEEN GUACAMOLE
- SPIDERWEB CUPCAKES
- HALLOWEEN BROWNIES
- PB & J SPIDERS
I WANT WHAT SHE HAS
Beautiful glasses and barware bring so much happiness to the kitchen! They make prepping these Halloween cocktails a joyful experience.
Did you see something here that you’d like to own? Click the Amazon affiliate links to purchase similar items online.
GRAVE DIGGER HALLOWEEN COCKTAILS > rate this recipe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Family and friends say these are the best tequila cocktails for Halloween! If you agree, give this easy recipe a 5-star rating in the comments.Print
Grave Digger Halloween Cocktails
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 Drink 1x
Halloween tequila cocktails with a spooky green glow! This adult drink is for ages 21+.
- Ice cubes
- 1/4 cup green Jello, finely chopped (from ready-to-eat packs or home prepped)
- 1 part melon schnapps
- 1 part reposado tequila
- 5 parts lemon-lime soda
- Edible green glitter flakes
- Triple sec, for rimming cocktail glasses
- Rim a cocktail glass. Dip the rim into triple sec and then into a dish of green glitter flakes or green-colored granulated sugar.
- Fill the glass halfway up with ice. Sprinkle finely-crushed Jello on top of the ice. The tiny pieces of gelatin should fit through a straw.
- With a jigger, measure the melon schnapps, tequila and soda. Add them to the glass in that order. Stir the drink with a straw or cocktail spoon.
- Garnish the top with a pinch of green glitter flakes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- NO TRIPLE SEC? No problem! Use melon schnapps or lemon/lime soda to wet the rim of the glass.
- HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE QUICKER: Use packs of ready-to-eat Jello. Look for them in the refrigerated section of your grocery store.
- HOW TO MAKE HALLOWEEN COCKTAILS SPOOKIER: Use dry ice to give these green tequila drinks a swampy graveyard effect! But first, learn HOW TO SAFELY USE DRY ICE IN COCKTAILS.
- WHERE TO FIND EDIBLE COCKTAIL GLITTER: Buy green edible flakes through this Amazon affiliate link.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drinks, Party, Entertaining
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
Keywords: Halloween Cocktails, Tequila Cocktails
HALLOWEEN COCKTAILS > JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Are you planning a Halloween party? Would you love to serve Grave Digger Halloween cocktails? Share spooky ideas for food and drinks below!
67 thoughts on “Grave Digger Halloween Cocktails”
I’ll be hosting my first Halloween this year and you just gave me the perfect guide! Thanks a lot!
That sounds perfect. I really hope you have a great halloween.
This drink looks like so much fun! The added eyeballs in the cup are perfect for a Halloween drink. I’m sure my neighbors will love this at a themed party this season!
Such cool ideas for Halloween. Looking forward to trying them out.
They are super, super fun. Its the best halloween treat to make.
What a fun and spooky drink! I’m really looking forward to Halloween and all the fun things to be made! This looks great!
Thank you so much! They are so fun to make. I hope you really enjoy them.
These are awesome! I love Halloween. I can’t wait to try these.
Halloween is the best. So are these yummy drinks.
Yay this is so creepy cocktail glass but fun to have as well. Great for parties with friends and family this coming Halloween. You did a great job on this very creative.
Aww, thank you so much . That means so much! I hope you really like them.
All of these recipes look amazing. Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year. I can’t wait to start making recipes like these too!
I think you will really enjoy this drink and snacks. Halloween is such a fun holiday to do crafts with.
That’s a super fun cocktail. In my neighborhood, we offer shots to those parents walking around with their kids on Halloween. Super fun!
That is such a fun idea. I bet all the parents love your house. LOL!
These are sooo cute! They look yummy too. :)
Thank you so much. They are so yummy and so much fun to make.
Oh my gosh! Those eyeballs and that green color is so cool! Absolutely love those drink holder/glasses too! So much fun !
I love that part too! It makes the drinks that much more enjoyable.
Love these recipes! I’ve always wanted to host a festive Halloween party and this have given me so many ideas. I’ll definitely keep these in mind — especially those drinks!
Thank you so much. Im glad you have some ideas for your party, it will be a blast.
These look awesome. I love tequila so this makes it even better! I am definitely making adult drinks this year.
They will be the hit of the party. Tequila definitely makes everything better. lol.
OK, those are the cutest cocktails! We don’t do parties or anything like that, but I could totally just make them for myself haha
That’s always a good idea, too! They are so good, it might be hard to just have one. lol
School starts this week for my kids and I am just starting to think about fall. It is so much fun to plan for Halloween! Thanks for sharing so many fun ideas!
You are so welcome. I love helping people come up with creative fun ideas.
Love this cocktail. Bring a little fun to an adult Halloween party. I ‘ll have to show this to my best friend so we can make it for our Halloween party.
You will have the best drinks at your party. I love a good themed party.
Yum! Yum! Yum! This sounds so good! I need to try this come Halloween. Time! So fun and so good!
I really hope you like it. It’s always a hit when I make them at my parties.
I was thinking about hosting a Halloween party this year and this recipe would be perfect for the adults.
Everything will be a hit. Especially the drinks, who doesn’t love a themed drink?
These look awesome, perfect for a Halloween party!
They are the best for every halloween party. Everyone will absolutely love them.
Now this looks like a super fun drink and perfect for Halloween!! I can’t believe Halloween is next month!
Time has really flown by hasn’t it? Halloween is the best of all the holidays in my opinion.
You had me at Tequila! Super cute idea for the adult beverages on Halloween!
LOL! Tequila is the best of the alcoholic drinks. They can make any drink taste that much better.
I love this. Halloween is such a fun time for adults and your recipes are super creative!
Thank you! I try to make everything I do so creative and fun for everyone.
I totally can’t wait until Halloween to make one of these. What a fun way to get in the Halloween spirit…and I love those glasses.
It is the best way to get the halloween spirit. Halloween is my favorite holiday.
I could use one of these cocktails. They look so cool. I’ll probably make a bunch of these when Halloween is closer.
They will make any halloween party that much cooler. lol. Have a safe and happy halloween.
those brownie bites look so delish.. and the drink is cool colored
The brownies are so delicious. I love the color of the drink, its so fun.
I am so in love with all of these! I love your creativity!
Thank you so much. I try my hardest to make everything very fun and creative.
These cocktails look so festive and delicious. I would love to make a set of these for Halloween. These would be perfect at a party.
Hi, these yummy tequila drinks are so fun and all will love.
So fun and festive for Halloween! And I love those glasses too, really eerie. I think the flavors of the cocktail sounds good too, would love to give this one a go.
The glasses really make the drinks that much more fun.
This looks like a wonderful spread for a Halloween party. Everything looks so fun and delicious. We don’t drink but maybe we can make a virgin version.
YES! They could totally be made into virgin drinks. I bet they would still be yummy.
I loved these! I could see these being a big hit at smaller college parties for people who love to get more crafty!
That would be amazing. I hope everyone really likes them.
I’m DYING over those glasses! They’re AWESOME. Also, this drink sounds amazing and I probably won’t wait for Halloween to make it, lol.
Lol. Go ahead, indulge yourself. They are really the best.
This sounds and looks amazing! What a great Halloween cocktail. LOVE IT!
Anything that has to do with halloween is perfect for me.
I am not even really a Halloween person but hot damn I am so excited about fall, BRING ONNNNN HALLOWEEEENNNN blog posts and recipes! haha!
It really is the best time of year. This tequila drink is absolutely yummy.
Oh my gosh Halloween is just around the corner and I can’t believe it. How did we get to this part of the year already. I am totally going to make this drink. The color is absolutely perfect for Halloween.
I agree so much with you. It feel’s like I was just New Years last week. LOL.
These are so much fun!! I LOVE the color!
Thank you so much. They are so fun to make.